What kind of a blogger am I?

By Sinethemba Pani

Sinethemba Pani is an 18 year old female who is currently doing her first year in Bachelor of Arts at Rhodes University, majoring in Anthropology and journalism. People usually describe her as talkative, ambitious, hard worker and kind. Out of all the characteristics that people associate with her she sees her self as a shy, ambitious, determined girl. The Girl I am writing about is me.
During my high school years I participated in many sports including debate, poetry and public speaking. Being shy never stoped me from doing what I wanted to do. During those years I exactly knew that when am at Varsity I will study journalism. Growing up in previously disadvantaged community, town and schools made me realise that I can do better in improving disadvantaged places. I realised that there are so many untold stories about rural areas and ordinary people. I believe that being a journalist is not all about going around chasing Elites, politicians and people whose voices can be heard rather it is about making the unheard heard, improving places and people. I believe that journalism can contribute to a change.
The kind of journalism I would love to be one day, is the one who is free, the one who is able to write about what she things will benefit people. The one who is free to write about whatever she wants to Wright about; with out being afraid of what the SABC board members will say. With being afraid of what the politicians will say or do. Rather with the concern of how many people I am equipping, encouraging and motivating.
The aim for my group blog is to tell all the journalism students about our experiences during our first year at varsity.

2 Responses to "what kind of a blogger i am?"

  1. tradgeystrikesatthelollipopcircle Says:

    I hope to hear those stories soon! :)

  2. Anonymous Says:

    you wil very soon, dats a promise

Post a Comment