By: Justin Archer

My residence was on Sunday rattled to find me wandering around the corridors walking backwards. I decided an interesting test to find if I was able to walk in the incorrect direction for an hour and at the end review if I had improved.

While it sure seemed peculiar it definitely wasn’t too difficult to get used to as I grasped the feel for it rather quickly. Obviously it wasn’t to the effect that it became natural to me but well enough for me to compete with any other backward walking citizens, if there are any out there.


If you do decide to try it do be aware. While walking on the flat ground may seem easy, walking down or up stairs is another thing altogether. It is as challenging as tasks could come. I stumbled; I twirled and can’t say I’m in a rush to do it again. Insisting on walking downstairs should be accompanied with an IQ test because it simply is looking for trouble and the hospital will not smile with the beds you take up.


All in all though it was an interesting hour for me and my housemates and I can say I learned a new skill in the end, although a very useless one at that.

0 Responses to "A direction less travelled"

Post a Comment